Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm Still HERE! : ]

It's been a month since I've last posted- and I send out my appolgies :[
Sometimes life just grabs us and rips us apart from the computer... so, for all my faithful followers, I appreciate you still following, and I have LOTS of projects to share and comments to leave you all as well.

The good news is that I only have two more weeks of school/work and then it's summer time! What will I do with all my free time?

-oookay--Time for crafts! The first thing I want to share is a clock I made as a gift. It was simple, quick, fun, and a different change of pace from paper crafts. Plus, it's so simple that children can do it, or at least help out in making it :]

Here's my finished product: (sorry for the blurry picture)


I went to Joann's and found a wooden square with the back hollowed out, for like $3. And in the same isle, I found a clock kit, which was my insipiration, for $7. Then I grabbed a few wooded flat dowels for like 25 cents.


1st- sand, if necessary or desired, with sandpaper-then paint the dowels and wooden base. I sponge painted mine black and gray.

    


Paint the wooden dowels and attach them to the edges of a 4x6 piece of glass or plexi glass.

 This will be the frame for your picture and covering/protector. I then affixed that to the wooded base. ( Using Tacky glue, but I assume wood glue, elmers, or hot glue guns would work just as well)
Center where you would like to have the middle of your clock, making sure the hands of the clock will not go over the base ends. Drill a hole.

Flip the base over, and attach the clock fixture according to the box's directions.
Then, place your clock numbers on. They are sticky on one side, but you can glue them for extra support. I didn't, and mine haven't come loose yet.

You can add ribbon or other embelishments, engraving, etc.

It's easy, fairly simple, cheap, and I think it's a great DIY gift :]
Happy Crafting!
(...and many more posts to come! on fabric flowers, sewing maching covers, and many cards)

No comments:

Post a Comment